The Rare locomotive!

trainbum

Well I'm 77 and I have a pair of different HO locos I call rare because I have seen another one of this pair in my lifetime of collecting HO trains. Which has been since I was 25 and started collecting HO train items. That term rare is has been badly misused.
Here again is my B&O and New Haven diecast locomotives. Both are saddle tank type switchers.
frank
IMG_5320.JPG
IMG_5321.JPG

Well I'm 77 and I have a pair of different HO locos I call rare because I have seen another one of this pair in my lifetime of collecting HO trains. Which has been since I was 25 and started collecting HO train items. That term rare is has been badly misused.
Here again is my B&O and New Haven diecast locomotives. Both are saddle tank type switchers.
frank
Those are really cool.

Do you run them?

frankView attachment 174695View attachment 174696
You can see these are quality locomotives, and quite rare just by the custom boxes their in.

Those are really cool.

Do you run them?
Mike. They run just fine! I try not to run them because of their rarity. Their were produced by the New One company of Japan. This name has been on many cast and brass ho train products coming out of Japan. They are the same diecast metal construction as Silvines 0-4-0 saddle Tanker B&O #25. As amatter of fact , Silvines 0-4-0t has a center screw that once removed allows the body to seperate from the drive section. This is the same as both B&O #62 and NH #60. Infact all three locos can switch lower drive sections. They are perfectly interchangeable. I attached a photo of Silvine's B&O #25. B&O 25 is a side tanker. The other like I said are saddle tanders. And yes, this model was used to make Life Likes teakettle.
IMG_5317.JPG

Back