The new M&V

Here is the layout for the new M&V Railroad. It consists of 2 - 15" x 8' sections with the ability to add on additional 8' sections. I plan on a smalll downtown scene in the middle as well. Let me know what you think.

I've been thinking about a small shelf section myself lately to get things going for me. I like that your plan is simple yet also includes several switches to add some track and planning ahead so that it can expand is a great idea too. Very nice.

I like it, but then I prefer shelf railroads only because I want to model whats happening at or near the railroad right of way. Its too easy to get caught up in constructing mountains and/or large cities and loose sight of what the layout is all about. This layout will be fun and definately expandable.

Larry

Good Luck ! I always thought of N scale also but my eyes and clummsy fingers sent me to HO !

Looks like a nice shelf layout. The only change I'd make is to put a crossover somewhere bout the middle of the yard so your switcher doesn't get stuck behind a cut of cars.

Back