Sound for dc layout

Jerry Neely

I operate a dc layout and for years used the MRC synchro sound unit. This unit no longer works and MRC no longer makes it. Does anyone know how I can locate a similar sound unit that will play diesel sounds on a dc layout. Please let me know. Thanks

I believe Tsunami2 and Econami sound decoders are compatible with both DC and DCC. There are also SFX sound capsules.
I maybe wrong but I think most DCC decoders are dual mode these days - DCC and DC. That being said, their performance in DC mode is (as I understand it) a little questionable? Someone else might be able to shed more light on that.

Other than that - I would either convert to DCC or go with Mikes suggestion of using the Kato Sound gear.

Alternative approach: iTunes…

F2AAD96C-50BB-4AF1-AE5D-46DB1F876E87.png

I maybe wrong but I think most DCC decoders are dual mode these days - DCC and DC. That being said, their performance in DC mode is (as I understand it) a little questionable? Someone else might be able to shed more light on that.

Other than that - I would either convert to DCC or go with Mikes suggestion of using the Kato Sound gear.
True, but on those decoders the sound will also work on DC.

Back