siberianmo's Rail Travel Fotos, #01

siberianmo

Trains - real and model - trains!
Hello MRR Forum Members,

This is something I have been thinking about in terms of reincarnation. The fotos I will provide initially were posted on my now-defunct website and rather than let them gather cyber-dust, figured one-more-time might find a few out there with interest.

I will post four (04) at a time from my archives. Nary a one was taken professionally nor with elaborate foto-gear; just point 'n shoot most with the lens up against my bedroom, business class or car rear vestibule windows.

I will try to provide some details along the way, however aside from dates - my recollection may be hazy due to the passage of time. (The transfer from website to disk did not provide for the narratives). Here we go!

(1) Picturesque Washington cove from southbound aboard Amtrak Cascades from Vancouver, BC, Canada enroute Portland, OR
(2) Mt. Shasta, CA from northbound aboard Amtrak Coast Starlight from Los Angeles, CA enroute Portland, OR
(3) Westbound along the Colorado River aboard Amtrak California Zephyr from Chicago, IL to Sacramento, CA
(4) Mt. McKinley, Alaska aboard southbound Alaska Railroad Denali Star from Fairbanks to Anchorage, AK (telephoto)

Hope they all come thru as intended; lots of resizing to get them to "fit" as attachments.

(01) June 12th 2016 - Foto of the Week - Taken May 9th 2015.jpg(02) June 19th 2016 - Foto of the Week- Taken Apr 2nd 2015.jpg(03) June 26th 2016 - Foto of the Week - Taken Nov 28th 2015.jpg(04) July 3rd 2016 - Foto of the Week - Taken June 4th 2006.jpg

Enjoy,

Tom in Missouri

Back