Scale Trains AC4400CW - Video

I had a bit of a problem with this loco when I was diddling the sound files.
It has the ESU DCC 5 board in it.
The engine sound was there when I first ran it on address 3 and still after I changed the address to 7098, but after toggling the horn choices, the engine sound went away. Toggling F8 wouldn't turn it on. Bell, horn, dynamic brake and everything else worked fine. After that, F8 would toggle the number boards, step lights and ground lights on and off. Strange.
I tried a reset but still no engine sound and the F8 still toggled the lights.
I went to the ESU sight and downloaded a sound file project of the engine and tried loading that. Still no engine. Did a couple more CV8=8 reset and finally got the engine sound back on.
I decided to just leave things as they are and only changed the headlight to stay on when the loco was running in reverse.

I just received 2 yesterday from a client to weather. Beautiful locomotive and Scaletrains did another fantastic job. Congrats on getting your diesel Ken and hope you can figure out the sound adjustments to what you want

Yes. Updated to the latest software too.
I had a problem with an ES44 from Scale trains. I did the recent update for the Lok programmer and lost everything when I went to do a firmware update and change a few sound volumes. The reset didn't work so I downloaded another ES44 sound file I have saved. After getting it working I just changed the programed number and it was good.

Back