Samhongsa no longer in the brass business?

GN.2-6-8-0

Just looking at one of the other websites and found mention that Samhongsa had stop making brass models back in May of 2004, Can this be true! Rats another builder bites the dust .
Now wondering just how many builders are left.and is there a listing of them anywhere....

Um, Overland is the only one left that I know of. Besides the few & far between BLI/PCM brass offerings.

Samhongsa's Korea Brass division got caught up in the MTH/Lionel "scandel". So they decided to pull the plug on all locomotive production. That also explains why it took another manufacturer to step forward with gears for the Genesis steamers 2-8-2 & 4-6-2, that had cracked gears, instead of Samh. making them. Samhongsa is still in business & a big conglomerate making many items, from ships to electronics, just not model locomotives anymore.

Josh;

Overland is an Importer, not a manufacturer. Their brass locos are still made in Korea, one of the companies being Anjin.

Seems to me that Divison Point is the newest Importer with their models being built by a company named Boo-Rimm in S.Korea

So this is a company that sold off all their inventory in May to Dan's Train Shop and now has great plans but almost no inventory? Their web site lists products to order, many of which have been delayed, with no price list? I would be very careful about giving this company any money until it was clear they were better capitalized than they are today. I'm also a a little confused about a company that lists their projects all the way out to 2013. Most companies keep this kind of thing a closely guarded secret so the competition doesn't produce the product first and pull the rug out from under them. Strange business plan.

So this is a company that sold off all their inventory in May to Dan's Train Shop and now has great plans but almost no inventory? Their web site lists products to order, many of which have been delayed, with no price list? I would be very careful about giving this company any money until it was clear they were better capitalized than they are today. I'm also a a little confused about a company that lists their projects all the way out to 2013. Most companies keep this kind of thing a closely guarded secret so the competition doesn't produce the product first and pull the rug out from under them. Strange business plan.
Great tip Jim.

I never buy direct, I'd be waiting for a dealer to get them in.

Back