RS Laser N Scale Wooden Kits

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Just bought these RS Laser Kits from Fifer Hobby - something to keep me busy while I figure out the new track plan:)

1 - RSL-3074 RSL N Scale General Store Kit

2WzRNtd.jpg

1 - RSL-3042 RSL N Scale Vicky’s Veggies Kit

tXeVeUQ.jpg

1 - RSL-3023 RSL N Scale Dakra’s Dry Goods Kit

hlNZVTQ.jpg

1 - RSL-3029 RSL N Scale Plantation Store Kit

AWw8U69.jpg

I did "Dave's House" by them.

Of all the laser cut wood kits I did, this one was "over the top" in that it had individual window sills, which were way too small to actually use.

What I really liked was their roofing material. It was way better than any other models I've built. But to be honest, the quality of the laser cuts were inferior to other brands I have tried like American Model Builders, Blair Line, and some others. Some of the RSL pieces weren't cut through all the way, and some were cut too thin and basically disintegrated when trying to surgically remove them from their forms.

I have done a few other brands but have found problems with them all, especially AMB. Nice kits but the tabs and holes did not line up on any of the ones I built. I also noticed that some of their kits were suspiciously the same as some RSLaser Kits.

The one thing I have noticed about the RSLaser Kits is the instructions - they aren't all that great or clear. Thank god for pictures and common sense though.

At the end of the day though, I always seem to come back to RSLaser and deal with the instructions and the need to brace some structures or AMB and conduct surgery on the parts to get them to fit. Of all the laser cut kits I have and have built, all but two are either RSLaser or AMB. Hmm, now I have said that out loud, I do have a number of residential kits from a British guy living and designing kits in Brisbane Australia - "The Little Building Company" Marcus someone??? His laser cut kits are beautiful, extremely well made and "heavy duty to boot".

Last edited:

Back