Rivarossi and Kadee couplers

Colbert

CHRISTIAN
Hello Happy Members !
on the photo the Rivarossi H0 coupler looks very similar to the Kadee but do they work well in the real world ?
Thanks a lot for your answers.

RIVAROSSI COUPLERS.JPG

Last edited:
Here's the image posted above with some corrections made so we can actually see the coupler better:
coupler.JPG

Looks like it's plastic, right?
No "Kadee-style" spring... just looks like a sliver of plastic to "maintain pressure" to keep the coupler closed.

If it was me, I'd try it out.
If the performance wasn't satisfactory, I'd replace it with a Kadee.

The couplers on all my rolling stock look like Kadee to me but the most reliable ones are Kadee so I switch them all. But as J Albert said try it...if it works it works

on the photo the Rivarossi H0 coupler looks very similar to the Kadee but do they work well in the real world ?

View attachment 193287
Neither do I know. Did not know Rivarossi had ever done a knuckle coupler. As mentioned above, I believe I would use them until such time they present a problem. One of my rules of thumbs is "don't invent problems that don't exist". My guess is they will work fine until one attempts to pull really heavy trains and and in that case they will eventually "stretch out".

Thank you very much for the answers. Very useful. I found another photo of the Rivarossi coupler. Using the famous Kadee#5 is a very good idea.

RIVAROSSI COUPLER.JPG

Back