Returning to G gauge

I drifted away from model railroading as an active hobby several years ago. I had been heavily involved before that. I did keep all the equipment, structures, and supplies though. I'm getting back into it and have noticed how things have changed over the years. Manufacturers have closed and some have dropped major parts of their lines.
I like kitbashing and detailing freight cars.

I drifted away from model railroading as an active hobby several years ago. I had been heavily involved before that. I did keep all the equipment, structures, and supplies though. I'm getting back into it and have noticed how things have changed over the years. Manufacturers have closed and some have dropped major parts of their lines.
What scale is your G-gauge. I use 1:20.5 for Christmas tree duty.
IMG_5449.JPG

I work in 1:22.5. It's what the Big Haulers were scaled to originally. Bad part is, it makes the track meter gauge instead of 36". I can live with that.
Yes in reality I mix them. I think I've got 1:22 LGB - through Spectrum 1:20.3 and treat it all the same. Even some Kalamzoo which I think is rubber scale. I have one oddball that doesn't fit the theme, a standard gauge Southern Pacific 4-8-4 in Standard Gauge 1:32nd (they call it gauge 1). Never run it yet. Have no other standard gauge equipment for it to pull.

I do have a few wood boxcars that are 'supposed' to be standard gauge that look fine with the rest of the narrow gauge fleet. I pick things that maintain a similar appearance to the narrow gauge cars.

Back