Rc

Ok, I've talked over some ideas with a few peple and battery power in O scale is out, so track power for outside is what I'm going with, now I still want to use RC for control, will RC control for racecar's work,will the speed servo and direction servo in these work for railroading also, as you can tell I know nothing, thought this would be a good place to start, or can some one recomend a site or some book's that might answer some of my question thank's JR

Aristocraft have radio controlled DC throttles, our club uses them on our modular layout. Track power from the power pack goes into the receiver unit, you control the amount of power going to the track with the remote. Also direction, and they have multiple buttons available for possible use in operating accessories such as power turnouts and such. Been around for some time now, one of our members used them on his large layout until he switched to DCC. Now we have tethered throttles - a step backwards!

Radio controlled cars don't use throttle servos unless they are Nitro powered. Electric race cars use electronic speed controls (ESPs) and they are very small and handle a LOT of power, like 50-100 amps.

Back