Question on reverse loop

BruceY19

I've seen this layout over the years on the web. I have contemplated constructing this one. But I have a question about reverse looping galore on this. That would be an issue with DCC? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the track plan. Picture is all I have to go on.
image.jpeg

It's a bit hard to tell from the photo angle, but the entire yard assembly and locomotive servicing comprises a reversing loop, and the three way 'triangle' is a reversing section. There are two tangent 'leads' that afford access to the yard and engine facility. They must both be gapped and reversed electrically. The two turnouts at the bottom would have to be gapped, and the closes point of the triangle gapped as well.

I've seen this layout over the years on the web. I have contemplated constructing this one. But I have a question about reverse looping galore on this. That would be an issue with DCC? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the track plan. Picture is all I have to go on.
1. I only see two reversing loops in this. Although one has a wye and parallel tracks on it. So you could wire it as more than 2 depending on operational desires.
2. Reversing loops are no bigger an issue with DCC than they are with any other power system. BUT, because of auto reversers, it is often easier to operate in DCC.

And an aside. You realize there are no industries on this layout at all. A railfan layout?

Last edited:

Back