The ever changing HO scale layout

Hey all,

I hope that all is well with each of you. Lazy weekend for us. Pop and I took the boy on a canoe ride today and snapped a few photos. Also took a photo of the updated bench work. Hopefully I am officially out of lumberyard land for a while. Despite my uneven garage floor, the benchwork (as of right now) is level with itself and in all directions. Time to clean up, start finishing structures, construct roads and lay some track! y'all have a good week! bridge.jpgbridge 2.jpgunnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...before the kid that inspired the build grows up and leaves home.

Exactly!!! He's 13 now & mostly interested in girls. I've been thinking about putting the neighborhood on it's own 4'x4' table so I can concentrate on completing that portion for him. I'm gonna start on that first thing tomorrow morning.

Exactly!!! He's 13 now & mostly interested in girls. I've been thinking about putting the neighborhood on it's own 4'x4' table so I can concentrate on completing that portion for him. I'm gonna start on that first thing tomorrow morning.
Build it as a lift out section so it can be displayed on a separate table or lowered into place on the layout when ready.

added the 4' x 4' section today (which is detachable) and put structures (some yet to be built) in place. Gotta get the foam board down then focus pocus on completing the neighborhood portion first.
20200919_152848.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you all have had a restful Saturday. Between statistics homework, I've been fiddling with track ideas for the section that will be between the station and the wharf. This layout is currently 4 x12 but will be at least 4 x 24 after the upcoming move (so I'm attempting to make provisions for that as well). Stay safe out there

20200926_170805.jpg
20200926_171821.jpg
20200926_171319.jpg

Not much going on in the garage today. Sculptamold and paving tape came in a little earlier. Waiting for a few more items before getting started on scenery for the neighborhood side. I hope that y'all have a great day!

Here's a quick video of the neighborhood side so far

Hey GSeritt, are you still plugging away at the layout by chance ?
Very nice buildings as well from what I can see, did you scratch build them by chance ?

Hey GSeritt, are you still plugging away at the layout by chance ?
Very nice buildings as well from what I can see, did you scratch build them by chance ?

Hey,
Thank you so much for the kind inquiry!

The short answer is: it's been sitting. I have obtained a few more structures and worked a little on some of these. Nothing on my layout is scratch built, but there has been plenty of kit bashing.

The long answer is: So much has happened since October 2020 to now and my priorities took precedence. Hospital stays, deaths, moves, school, etc... I finished up a college degree and "graduated" May 1st.
Having two special needs children (one being immune compromised) doing school from home due to the plague has been a challenge as well.
I have a few big pressing chores that I need to complete at my house (we are hoping to sell it) and a few smaller chores at my mom's house. The layout has been moved to my mom's house in preperation to sell ours. I'm hoping by middle summer to be able to focus my attention on it. That is, until we move again or build. Building material prices will need to come back down to this solar system first though.

Back