overpass

Bread&steel

I love this overpass. It can be modeled. Look at that abandoned track ! A modelers size roadway too. sweet ! What do you all think ?

The track is interesting. It looks like that might have been a double track overpass at one time. It seems like some WS or Chooch tunnel portals cobmined with some scratchbuilding of the stairs would do the job. I wonder what the vertical clearance is? I don't think I'd want to take a semi through that thing.

If you look closely you can see where the other track used to be.

I must add this to my project list....OH NO!....I need another page !

details

Okay.... this is the town of Vernon IN. It's the Gains street overpass. That Railroad was know as the Madison & Indianapolis R.R. Anyone ever hear of that one? :confused:

Vernon and North Vernon are neat looking towns, very old looking. Next time I get a chance I'll have to go find that overpass. I know there is a set of tracks that runs in that general direction out of Madison, they don't looked very used.

Vernon

Vernon and North Vernon are neat looking towns, very old looking. Next time I get a chance I'll have to go find that overpass. I know there is a set of tracks that runs in that general direction out of Madison, they don't looked very used.

It's at the corner of Gaines street and East Pike street. Here is a satellite view

Hope you don't mind -- I downloaded copies of the 3 photos. That's an awesome structure. I'd love to find a place for it on the next expansion of the layout. It would be my first attempt at scratchbuilding brickwork.

Hope you don't mind -- I downloaded copies of the 3 photos. That's an awesome structure. I'd love to find a place for it on the next expansion of the layout. It would be my first attempt at scratchbuilding brickwork.

Not at all....They are here to share

Last edited by a moderator:
It's at the corner of Gaines street and East Pike street. Here is a satellite view
That is the same RR that I cross everyday in Madison at lunch time. It looks as if it ends down near the river by a junkyard. I'll go check it out tomorrow.

[Did you find out where it ends ?/QUOTE]
Yes, I found the very end of the line. The rails run right into the road, as if the pavement was laid over them. Maybe next week I'll see if I can go see what the big dark object about 300 yards into the woods by the junkyard is. The line in Madison is not in disrepair, it just looks like it's not used that often, at least what I can see of it.

Back