One minute video

yep this is why lots of steel mills only run at night. all that power that is needed to melt steel!!!!
i watched a dirty jobs episode a few weeks back and was impressed at the intire process to make steel

Great vid!!!

Larry, a double thumbs-up! :cool: I'm just curious how anybody is able to get any kind of camera, let alone a video camera, inside a melt shop - they tend to be extremely skittish about their stuff being photographed.

I'm glad we got to hear the "hellish roar" of the electric arc furnace before they pulled the door completely shut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a real steel mill or a computer created production? It almost looks too perfect to be done in a real mill.

Is that a real steel mill or a computer created production? It almost looks too perfect to be done in a real mill.

It's a real mill. Watch the camera shake when he's startled by the power coming on. Look closely in the darkness of the door and you can see a worker walking along with it.

I did this steel mill video

This steel mill is working day and night in three shifts. Oly one close down of two days per year.

I`m working on a project of documentation there, thats why i have acces into the working place. 20 kilometer rails on the steel work area-ground.

And usually i`ve been asked for links to other sites ;-)

WOW! Really amazing video with outstanding color and exposure. I was almost sure it was a computer animation because it looked so perfect. Mira, you are doing a great job.

Mira,
If those are your poor quality videos, I'd sure like to see the good ones. :) That slag pour is beautifully done with the exposure holding just right as the intense light changes. The guys up on the platform did seem to be sending you some kind of message. :D

Jokes

Thanks Jim
The guys just made Faces and jokes about beeing photographed ;-)
Have a nice day
mira

Back