New from Colorado

swiggy

Hello forum! I can't wait to show some pics of the new layout!:D I've been looking at some of your pics and wow! impressive. I think I may expand my knowledge greatly through this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome swiggy. You'll find a good group of people here that are friendly and helpful. Looking forward to the pictures. What RR and scale? And what era?

HO scale between 1950 and present. I have (1) atlas D&RGW S-2 Loco w/sound-1940 to 1950, (2) Athearn D&RGW SD45's, (1) Bachman D&RGW GP40, and (2) Athearn GP60's BNSF & SF.
I think Road Names are like sports teams, generally you favor your hometown, lol. Go D&RGW. I really like their paint scheme. Centennial, CO has plenty of D&RGW (with UP box on cab) to see.

I never thought of it like a sports team but that is just what it is like. Seems like my team got bought and moved a couple of times. Made it better I guess but I sure miss the old uniforms (paint schemes).

Welcome! A few of us Coloradoans here. I work in DTC and live out in Lakewood. Look forward to pics of the layout. I'm a non-prototypical D&RGW modeler myself...

Just curious. Any of you Rio Grande fans model any of the ski trains in one form or another? I watched a show on RFD a while back about them, it was very interesting.

thanks everyone, pics are coming. I just bought the two athearn SD45's.
my good friend used to work the Bar Car:D.......we had some fun trips to winter park and back.
Canada took it from us. :( I am sure it will not be long until I purchase one:)

Just curious. Any of you Rio Grande fans model any of the ski trains in one form or another? I watched a show on RFD a while back about them, it was very interesting.

I have the Ski Train... An F7 AB set and 9 Streamliners.

P1000662_1.jpg

P1000699_1.jpg

P1000704_1.jpg

Welcome! A few of us Coloradoans here. I work in DTC and live out in Lakewood. Look forward to pics of the layout. I'm a non-prototypical D&RGW modeler myself...
yes a few of us are colorado alumni lol i lived in colorado springs for a long time , LOVED IT :cool:

WELCOME :cool:

Back