Needing some turnout help - Kato Unitrack DC

spleen1015

I have this section of track. When the train goes straight, left to right, I don't have any issues. If I want the train to turn right at the first turnout, then turn back left at the second, that's where I run into problems. When I switch the turnout on the right to allow for the train to come from the 'bottom' or left, the train stops.

This has to be something simple, right?

IMG-1450.jpg

I have this section of track. When the train goes straight, left to right, I don't have any issues. If I want the train to turn right at the first turnout, then turn back left at the second, that's where I run into problems. When I switch the turnout on the right to allow for the train to come from the 'bottom' or left, the train stops.

This has to be something simple, right?

View attachment 174371
Yes, those turnout are probably power routing. They may not like being oriented the way you have them.

I solved the same issue by putting a feeder between them, no shorts at least for me but use caution just in case.

I solved the same issue by putting a feeder between them, no shorts at least for me but use caution just in case.
A feeder is the power connection? When you say between them, do you mean a 'A' in the pic below or 'B'?

I'm pretty sure I used the same set up with a loop on my dining room table, that I took apart today to lay this track.

Is this N scale we're talking about?
Or... HO?

I use Kato Unitrack, in HO.

Some of the turnouts are "selectable" power-routing (or non-power-routing) -- at least in HO. There should be 2 "set screws" on the bottom that can be changed to set a route for power or non-power routing.

If you have everything running right after adding an additional track power feeder, I'd just "use it as it is"...

Back