Need advice on correcting a Faux' Pas' on a Bachmann Caboose

Smudge617

I've made a real mess of this Caboose, I was working on adding battery operated lights and painted the interior black, some leaked onto the outside, grabbed my cleaning IPA (which is 50/50) to clean it off, except it was the full strength bottle instead, is their anyway I can restore this or is it a lost cause and a repaint required.

Oh S###.jpg

That was the plan, till I looked at the other side, OMG, what a mess, repaint I think.

On the bright side, the Chessie Caboose cleaned up quite nicely, admittedly minus its decals.
Yea, I'm not sure how you would salvage that. I guess the bright side is now you can do what you want with it. That is if you don't want it in CN paint.

I agree, the Chessie did clean up nice!

Yea, I'm not sure how you would salvage that. I guess the bright side is now you can do what you want with it. That is if you don't want it in CN paint.

I agree, the Chessie did clean up nice!
I've already got the CN I painted, think I'll go Santa Fe, if I have a similar paint. The Chessie I don't know, need to go through my cars and see what would make sense for the layout, could just rust it up and use it at the machine shop "in for repair"

I've already got the CN I painted, think I'll go Santa Fe, if I have a similar paint. The Chessie I don't know, need to go through my cars and see what would make sense for the layout, could just rust it up and use it at the machine shop "in for repair"
Could go UP and use it with that Big Blow you have your eye on ;)

You could make it simple and add a end of train device to a freight car.
Or if painting you could do a M.O.W. caboose which are painted one color.

Back