n scale couplers

dennismacro

hello, anyone have any suggetions on good coupler for n scale it seens the ones that come the cars just don't hold on that great.or maybe someone has a solution to this problem. thank you

There's a Japanese company named Foo-D Modeling that makes couplers for N called Sta-ke, they're magnetic.

:D Okay sue me, it's thursday, I'm at work and getting punchy.

Micro-trains is all you need :D Great couplers, they have!

I'll second chimmike's statement about Micro-trains. Personally there isn't any other way to go. Rapido's are outdated and oversized not to mention look nothing like a real coupler, Accumates in my experience have not been reliable enough, some of the other one's like Unimates are not designed for magnetic uncoupling, and Kato's are really only designed for Kato's and I only keep them on Kato passenger cars but change my locomotives to MTL's. (MTL=Micro-Trains Line)

Pretty much any hobby shop that deals in N-scale should have MTL's on the shelf and same goes with any online dealer which you will probably get better prices. Just a matter of what you want and if you want small packs or bulk packs.

Oh, and a lot of folks use the Micro-Trains Z scale couplers (905's and such) on their loco's (especially the frount coupler) because the size is better visually and they will still work with the N scale couplers.

Actually they are using those couplers more on steam engines. I haven't seen any being used for diesels specially since most people running diesels are running longer, heavier trains and they aren't quite as strong as running the standard MTL's.

Back