My "other" project ... ideas needed

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Evening/Morning all,

In case everyone forgot, one of the reasons I returned to the forums was due to being asked to build a layout for a local family with two young kids (2 and 1). In actual fact, the parents are just as keen for the layout as well.

For various reasons, primarily an uncertainty as to where they maybe as a result of having "issues" with Welfare etc, the layout never got started. Now, thankfully, the father is starting a good job in the next week or so; as such, their situation is more stable so the layout can begin.

As most people know my design skills are not all that imaginative so it is in that area that I am looking for ideas and thoughts.

All I can tell you is that the people want a modern period main layout with a "Tourist Town replicating the Wild West incorporated in it. They also have asked for a waterfront area as well.

The layout will be in HO Scale using Atlas Track, in fact the Atlas Track I removed from my layout together with Atlas Flex Track. As this is going to be an ongoing project, the amount of track and design is only restricted by the area I have to work with, and that area is ...

TC-PC-2014-apr-17-001_zps8713a13d.png

As can be seen, this is a fairly large area to work with. The only change to this layout maybe "cut outs" in each of the left and right hand corners to allow reach to the rear corners of the layout.

In short, this is the area for the layout. The benchwork is done and just waiting for a design. Looking forward to your ideas, thoughts and suggestions.

Darn, just realized I put this in the wrong forum. Could someone tell me how to move it into the Layout Forums please or move it for me.

Sorry about this.

Back