Multi-scale DCC

Zombie13

I am building an HO layout and have small DCC system for it (DCC++ on an Arduino). I also have access to a 70-ish year old Lionel set and a 70-ish year old American Flyer set. I'd like to set them up and 'play' with them as well. I know I can add decoder to them and control them with DCC, but can I (or is it ok to) connect the same DCC controller to all three track sets? Based on what I remember of the Lionel and American Flyer, there is enough track for a 4x8 oval of each, so at the very least I would put them on the same board and not do a whole lot of scenery. Maybe at some point I could expand one or both and do scenery for them individually, but not for a while.

Thanks,
Z.

you can run multiple DCC tracks off one controller, but i doubt the motor shield would have enough power, is it the standard two amp unit ?

The aforementioned O and S gauge trains.
IMG_20200109_201643385.jpg

I know I can add decoder to them and control them with DCC
You can? Does the Arduino Have a 60 cycle AC motor output? Is that the one they call the PSX-AC?

can I (or is it ok to) connect the same DCC controller to all three track sets?
If you can indeed do the above, the answer is yes. As long as the current output of the DCC controller is high enough.

BTW - is that Flyer pre-war?

Last edited:

Back