Mth communication issues

tra**me

I am new to this today, I hope this is in the right place.

I have a good sized layout, 5 lines and a switch yard. It measures 22' x 13'. I power it with 2-Z4000's and one Lionel brick (185w). I can run any MTH DCS engine on any track as long as it is the only engine running. If I power up any other tracks the DCS gets way slow to deliver the command and flashes that the remote is too far away. If I wait a few seconds, it usually takes the command, but not always. If I shut down the other power sources, communication returns and all is well. MTH told me to check phasing between transformers using the 18v light trick. Connect a positive wire from the two transformers to each side of the light bulb, then apply power, no illumination is good. The light didn't even flicker. Phasing was good for all transformers.
All of my lines are insulated every 10 feet (center rail) and insulated from each other through the switch. I have checked and no power is bleeding from line to line. All of the Lionel Legacy stuff works flawlessly, even if I run all at the same time. I understand the signal for MTH runs through the center rail, and Lionel Legacy runs through the outside rail.

Any ideas?

Back