MRC 9900 Throttle

Twayne3

I have a MRC 9900 Throttle for HO or N and I am having trouble getting use to it. Not sure if it is working properly. I also purchased the walk around hand held throttle.
The walk around throttle works sometime and not other times. I am not sure if the problem is me or the equipment. The instructions that came with the throttle are not very detailed. Does anyone have any experience with this throttle? Thanks for any replies.

I have a MRC 9900 Throttle for HO or N and I am having trouble getting use to it. Not sure if it is working properly. I also purchased the walk around hand held throttle.
The walk around throttle works sometime and not other times. I am not sure if the problem is me or the equipment. The instructions that came with the throttle are not very detailed. Does anyone have any experience with this throttle? Thanks for any replies.
Sorry I am not familiar with that throttle.

Edit.
I looked up the manual on-line. That is one beefy throttle.

You are right, the manual is not real helpful. Perhaps try a different wire from the walk around to the base unit. Just be certain the cable is wired the same as the original. If I am interpreting the picture properly it is a 6 conductor not a normal phone/modem of 4 conductors.

Last edited:
Update............I sent the throttle to MRC to be checked out. I had insured it when I purchased it. I have not got it back yet. Hopefully it will be ok. I built a transistor throttle that was a project in an older Model Railroader Magazine that I use on my N scale layout and it works very well. If I can locate all the electrical components I will build another for my HO layout. I am currently building my HO layout. It is 9 x 13 so I need the handheld walk around throttle. Thanks for the comments.

Back