Looking for layout plans

what size is it? i dont have any sites, but i can design one for you, ive been designing for about 3 years now. All plans are hand drawn, Whats the size of the table your looking for? whats the mininmum radius? what scale? what would u like to include?

Well thanks for the reply- I haven't gotten that far yet!!
I am just in the planning stages- I will be using S Gauge- American Flyer trains and right now I am scoping out a section of the basement. I am wondering if it's easier to use a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood- or design some sort of U shape- Since my basement is on the small side- I would like to put the table against a wall

There is a book that my grandfather gave me from the early 70s that have a few good American Flyer track plans. I'll see what I can do to scan them if you'd like.

As a side note, bnsf I might turn to you shortly. Me and grandpa are planning a layout. I'll drop you a note in a few days.

You can find some AF track plans at http://www.thortrains.net/flyrlay1.htm. You can also scale up HO track plans and scale down O scale track plans. I think you'll see that 4x8 is a very small space for S gauge. I think you'll find that something on the order of 8x6 is about the smallest practical size. You can also use a around the wall plan with two 4x6 end pieces if you want to do continuous running. The shelf section can be about 36" wide and, by stretching out the track around the wall, you'll get a lot more running room and scenery opportunities. A larger square or rectangular layout also means you need to have some sort of access, usually a pop-up with a removable section, since you won't be able to reach all parts of your layout without it.

sounds good, reply to this or PM if you want me to design one for you.

And 4x8 is a bit small for S Guage, id suggest a U shped layout.

thanks again
Austin

Back