lionel magnetrack issues possible change to bachman ez track

Vaderjd69

hello all, new here to HO RR - got my father in law into it with me, we do xmas villages every year, we both got last year Lionel xmas sets on magnetrack, now i haven't had a issue but his is notoriously acting up - my local model rr store recommended Bachman ez track but what else do i need to run it....... recommended ez controller, right now the included lionel hand held, trying to keep it basic for him & i'm so new i don't know where to go ..... any help appreciated thanks Vaderjd69

Bachmann easy track should work fine and I don't see why your old control wouldn't work. To rephrase, if you are using the same locomotives and you are happy with your controller, keep it.

Bachmann easy track should work fine and I don't see why your old control wouldn't work. To rephrase, if you are using the same locomotives and you are happy with your controller, keep it.
So not to sound stupid but how do i power the ez track? again any help appreciated.. thank

there will be two terminals on your transformer, one for each track. Should be the same as your train set. One lead attaches to one track and the other lead to the other track. So, on one piece of track there will be a place to attach these wires. Make sure you have one of those terminal pieces.

there will be two terminals on your transformer, one for each track. Should be the same as your train set. One lead attaches to one track and the other lead to the other track. So, on one piece of track there will be a place to attach these wires. Make sure you have one of those terminal pieces.
MAGNELOCK LIONEL TRACK.jpg
Hey logandswaman this is my track power so not sure how that will work, thanks again

Last edited:
looks to me like you would have to take the little round male plug, cut it off, strip the 2 wires in there, and attach them to the new track. Sounds like a lot of work, what is the issue with this track, anyway?

Late to the party here, but with this shown set up, how does one control the speed of the train? Oh, wait a minute, I'm figuring it out. Is the controller a wireless?

So this is putting full power to the track and the receiver speed controller is in the locomotive.

In that case I would not cut off the male plug, I would find the appropriate female plug and add it to the Bachmann EZ-Track. That doesn't destroy the chance of using the power supply with the original Lionel track.

eztrack connection.jpg

Last edited:
hello all & thank you, yes i blew the power cord from lionel, bought another controller & put power about 1/2 & works off lionel wireless controller, he's good to go for xmas thanks

Back