Life Like Innereds?

Lack barry

Hi all! My question is; Do Life Like HO locos share the same chassis between PK1s and PK2s? And the models before the Protos? More specifically their SW models, 600, 900, 1000.1200, 1500, ETC? Thanks, Lack.
PS My first name is Jack but I model Lackawanna, thus the name. Clever eh?

Last edited:
Well, I don't think they had version of the exact same locomotive in both lines, so no, the chassis won't be the same. The motors might be; the P1K and P2K were both decent runners, so the guts are "similar". However, the truck gearing was different even between different P2K models.

The non-"Proto" early Life-Like was cheap train-set material...

Thanks cv_acr. I'm trying to sorta kit bash SW cows & calfs. Would you have any idea if any LL shells and chassies would interchange with Athearn Blue Box locos? Basicaly gutting calfs and adding speaker/s in them and running MU/speaker wires to the cow that would contain the decoder. Thanks again, Jackawanna.

Not without some engineering work. The shell-chassis mountings are VERY different, and depending on which models you're talking about, some of the old Athearn units suffered from too-wide bodies to accommodate the fact that when originally tooled in the sixties they didn't make electric motors small enough to fit...

Back