Hello from Denmark

madsphi

Used to have some Marklin, but lost it after a burglary :( Thinking about starting to build again, but is a bit limited by us living in a relatively small apartment.

If I start building again, it will definitely be scale N or Z.

For limited space consider a narrow, shelf, 'point to point' scheme..Real RRs are squiggly P to P systems with spurs, sidings, and yards throughout...
You can can have a turntable or wye in order to turn an engine/cars back home. Or, you can merely run in reverse back through the entire line.
Some real branch lines do/did just that..This way you still get to run trains, but without a large loop and table taking up lots of room.
How is your eyesight ? N and Z can be very tough and frustrating to work with if your eyes aren't 20/20..

Last edited:
Good points 👍 Thanks.

No room for HO and also think N/Z is a bit more charming. Not 20/20 anymore, but my reading glasses fix most things.

Here in the UK when I had no room I built a 00/HO layout on an old ironing board. Single platform, run round, single loco shed and two road freight area. Little 0.4.0 locomotive, four wheeled carriages and freight wagons. Simple yet good fun.

Here in the UK when I had no room I built a 00/HO layout on an old ironing board. Single platform, run round, single loco shed and two road freight area. Little 0.4.0 locomotive, four wheeled carriages and freight wagons. Simple yet good fun.
On an ironing board? I understand that it should be big enough lengthwise, but the width of our ironing board isn't more than 35-40 cm. Not enough for a 00/HO layout.

Back