Grinding sound

Hayden reininga

Hello y’all I just bought myself a Lionel legacy polar railroad K4 and received it today it’s minimum curve is 42 but I thought I could get away with 36 with straight sections in between each curve I wasn’t running it hard and it started making a grinding sound I’m stressed that I just broke it but while running it on 72 it’s gone just need lubercate or should I open her up to see what’s wrong I have no idea how much this loco has been run but it seems to not been run often plz help me out

Hello y’all I just bought myself a Lionel legacy polar railroad K4 and received it today it’s minimum curve is 42 but I thought I could get away with 36 with straight sections in between each curve I wasn’t running it hard and it started making a grinding sound I’m stressed that I just broke it but while running it on 72 it’s gone just need lubercate or should I open her up to see what’s wrong I have no idea how much this loco has been run but it seems to not been run often plz help me out
This one? So you are saying the noise went away on O-72 curves? Did you buy it new? If so, I wouldn't worry about it and just not run it on curves tighter than O-54. I always go up at least 1 size from the recommended minimum. If not, then yes a good lube when the maintenance record is unknown can never hurt, but still don't try to run on less than recommended minimum. They state those things for a reason.
1714707580953.jpeg

Back