Greetings from the Denver area

eblkheart

Good day...

Hello! Decided to take the plunge back into model railroading. I haven't done it since I was a middle schooler and I'm now 37! Better late then never :) Anyways... I was overwhelmed to see how much has changed since then and because of that I have been planning and planning like mad. Good thing is that my wife is fully supportive of my hobby and is letting me have what we have for a dining room. And since we are both cat lovers, I showed her the Chessie system that I saw when I was young and living in Maryland. Now we have to get a chessie line for my layout. Speaking of that, since I don't have much space, I'm going N-Scale compared to when I was younger and had HO.

Again... hello :)

E

Welcome to the forum! Your story of having trains before high school, then rediscovering them is a familiar one. I hope you enjoy yourself.:)

Welcome,
read, read, read, the more learning, the better you'll be, less wasted time and money. Most people getting just in start buying stuff only to find later they really don't like it or need it and change directions. Learn the history of the road you like, the library is a good source to start for general info, most railroads now gone have historical societies to join with their own magazines pertaining to that roads history.

Thank you for the welcomes! Yes, I have been reading a lot and bugging people at Caboose Hobbies about options and such. I have been even playing with some rail software so I can maximize my space with what I have to make things easier for planning and such. I have a bit to go through of what I want with my layout but I have an idea of what setting I want (early 90s NE Illinois) which is where I have family from, so it will be a nice mixture of passenger (metra and amtrak) and freight with a possibility of a steam loco for old times sake :). Again, thanks for the welcome!

Back