Fine Print got me

chieftopcop

Popping along with my layout and could see additional track would be needed. Now, 027 track can be on the expansive side and in my searching I located track at $1.75 each. Thought that wasn't too bad and ordered 21. Upon arrival I was quite surprised at my what my package contained....21 pieces of track in O scale.

My question is: how does one connect O scale to 027 scale track.

By the way, I did go back and re read the ad for the track. It wasn't advertised as O scale but the second last sentence was, "We are no longer accepting or selling 027 scale track until our inventory is again built up". Can't fault the company for my rush to obtain track.

O scale two rail?
I know there are transition tracks for merging different mfg's stuff together.
I only have a small loop of O27 so don't know much more than that.

Hello My friend, I solved that problem on my layout connecting O scale track to 027 track. I measure the two tracks with a vernier caliper and made up a shim of wood put it under the 027 track that would make them same height as O scale that's how I did that I found balsa wood the easyist to use and sand to height. Thanks I hope that helps you my friend. Thanks longbow57ca,

Hello My friend, I solved that problem on my layout connecting O scale track to 027 track. I measure the two tracks with a vernier caliper and made up a shim of wood put it under the 027 track that would make them same height as O scale that's how I did that I found balsa wood the easyist to use and sand to height. Thanks I hope that helps you my friend. Thanks longbow57ca,
How did you adjust for the different pin sizes?

Hello my friend used a pair of needle nose pliers to adjust the size of the holes in track for the pins or open up the holes too very simple my friend to at adjust size for holes in the track. I hope that helps you my friend. I have both O scale and O27 track on my layouts. I squeeze the holes around the pins to hold in place with needle nose pliers. Thanks longbow57ca.

Back