Exploring Using Mini Camera's On The Trains AND

afleetcommand

THE contrast of Toy trains even model trains and the real deal :)
I have no aspirations of grandeur, just want to have fun with the physics of these thing as I did as a kid. AND share with my grand kids.
But based on a few comments I did receive on the lack of accuracy, I sometimes need to reminds myself the contrast of Real vs. the toys. It's about the fun with these little mechanical beasts vs. true "modelling" for me.
Anyway, a contrast & exploring the use of mini camera's. Attempt number one of I suspect a few :) AND Happy Holidays!

Put in two rather large CSX Manifests I happened by while Christmas shopping. The second 758 axles. AND the locomotives were working real hard to claw up that grade headed out of DeWitt east bound towards Kirkville, listen to the wheel slip :)

The enjoyment of our hobby should be yours, not somebody else's. While I don't care much for Lionel stuff, I know there is a very large contingent that does. My involvement with the real thing has pushed me to model what I see, while the people that enjoy Lionel are continuing their love of toy trains that started when they were kids. The photographing and videography of real, models, and toys are also parts of the hobby of railroads and railroading, both real and model.

Yup, pretty much agree with that sentiment. With my grand kids I care "more" about what they think as while things like this need to come from the heart, at some level I will try to ease the path to engaging :) On the YouTube cannel, not the one I have shown here, but the main "logging/chainsaw" one I get terrible feed back :) Not that I particularly care, but it is an interesting study in personality /mindsets. Me? this is an interest and can be a purely selfish indulgence. I would be happy with a room full of 1950's & 1960's Lionel. :) As a grand parent, it's a place I can interact with my grand kids, some will and some couldn't care less; but its a so far successful environment to share time & knowledge. PROBABLY the most successful so far as my grand daughter loves watching the real ones .....hence the 'rail fan" videos. The Logging/saw guys are the funny ones. they do not understand anything without a purpose. Purpose defined as something to earn money do work. :) So they pick.... which i find amusing. :) Also the genesis of the commentary above. But, yes I couldn't agree more for my personal stuff. ::)

Back