Etched brass door latches?

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
I could swear someone made etched door latches. I checked the notable sources, (Railflyer & Plano) to no avail. Does anyone know if there actually were/are etched door latches? I need to add a door to a ton of BNSF Dash 9's and was going to improvise with an etched EMD latch that I could SWEAR was available. Now I think I dreamed it. :rolleyes: If now one can fine anything, I might have to test out my etcher with making some. :eek:

Ahhh, that might be them, though I swear I saw a picture. Come to think of it, there were etched door hinges too, that I'll need also.

I'm going to try the Precision ones anyways.

EDIT Precision:
585-4899 Hinges-Nonworking -- Photo-Etched

You're thinking about the one's from Sunrise Enterprises.

h3017a.jpg

Unfortunately, they are no longer available...

Donnell

I could swear someone made etched door latches. I checked the notable sources, (Railflyer & Plano) to no avail. Does anyone know if there actually were/are etched door latches? I need to add a door to a ton of BNSF Dash 9's and was going to improvise with an etched EMD latch that I could SWEAR was available. Now I think I dreamed it. :rolleyes: If now one can fine anything, I might have to test out my etcher with making some. :eek:

Oh man, thats the part. Dangit, I wonder if Dan will be re-releasing them? That would be one heck great deal, wonder if I can make some with my Etcher?

Back