Emory University Station

Rotorranch

MRR Refugee
I found a station today that I had no idea was there! I took my wife to Emory University Hospital for some tests today, and decided to try to miss rush hour traffic on the way home. To my surprise, I turned the corner, and there was a train station!

It's the Emory University Station, built in 1916 as a passenger and freight depot. It's located along the CSX ROW next to the Emory Campus. It's on lease from CSX, and is known as "Dooley's Den", named for the unofficial mascot of Emory University, a science class skeleton from the late 1800's. More on Dooley here: http://emoryhistory.emory.edu/traditions/Dooleystory.html

MVC-762F.jpg

MVC-763F.jpg

MVC-764F.jpg

MVC-765F.jpg

MVC-766F.jpg

Rotor

I don't know much more about the depot, but will try researching it further.

They are growing vegetables out front for a school project.

MVC-769F.jpg

MVC-768F.jpg

MVC-770F.jpg

MVC-771F.jpg

MVC-761F.jpg

We didn't get to go inside, as the place is closed for summer vacation.

Rotor

Hmmm...kind of looks like sunflowers out there. Those are some pretty ornate roof supports on that station. Nice looking station.

Jim, they had the sunflowers, corn, squash, among others, and some other stuff that the wife and I couldn't identify growing out front there.

I also forgot to add that "Dooley's Den" at the Depot is a bar and grille during the normal school year, but was closed for summer.

Rotor

Last edited by a moderator:

Back