Dsp&p rolling stock build thread

Kylemaneti95

Hey guys! My hon3 flatcar kit came in the mail today and I’ve started assembling it. I’m currently on step three which mentions adding a brass or steel weight between the deck and sub deck. I don’t have any scrap brass or steel, so I’m thinking about gluing Pennie’s in place for the weights. What do you think think and or recommend before I go ahead and glue them in there lol. Here’s a quick photo I took just before starting the kit.
IMG_0228.jpeg

Got to a decent stopping point for now. I decided to use 4 Pennys for weight, assembled the top deck, and most of the bottom deck minus the bolsters which I will attach later tonight. I currently have the top and bottom or the car glued together, I’m just waiting for the super glue to set and will post pictures in a few hours. I am using Elmer’s glue for the wooden parts and some gorilla glue super glue holding the pennys to the top half and holding the bottom half of the car. So far I am very pleased with this kit and I’m having an absolute blast.
IMG_0229.jpeg

I’m kind of stumped right now. Would you guys be able to help me figure out where these wholes are drilled? I feel like it’s right in front of my face but I can’t figure it out for some reason 🤔🤔 10&11 is what he me stumped
image.jpg

I’ve skipped 10&11 for now. I will be revisiting them soon.
I’ve gotten most of the car done, now I’m starting to add some of the details. Here is the car right now. I’m waiting for the glue to set on the truss rod, I will be able to add more details after that
IMG_0234.jpeg

I’m kind of stumped right now. Would you guys be able to help me figure out where these wholes are drilled? I feel like it’s right in front of my face but I can’t figure it out for some reason 🤔🤔 10&11 is what he me stumped View attachment 173356
you got me stumped on that one. I do best just looking at the picture and trying to make it look like that. My definition of success.

Nice looking model!

you got me stumped on that one. I do best just looking at the picture and trying to make it look like that. My definition of success.

Nice looking model!
Right? I’m completely stumped on it. I’m going to look at a lot more reference photos. Thank you so much, I’m having a blast with this kit, it’s looking amazing so far.
I have trucks coming in the mail, they should be here early next week I believe

Back