Does anyone know of an N scale Stephenson's rocket?

dgrafix

As I want to collect all the iconic "speed" trains, either those that were just VERY iconic or preferably a record breaker, I was wondering if an N scale rocket exists.. I mean it broke records and is certainly iconic.
If i was to take the plunge and try and to build/print one.. I think it would be very difficult to do considering it's size Vs scale, but could be fun. The tender or a coach would likely need to contain the motor I guess.
I see Hornby do a ho/oo version with a very favourable review.

Last edited:
Ooh that does look interesting, thanks. Could be a static model.. but as long as the wheels go round and the pistons... pis... I might be able to do something with that 😁

That might be a starting point. ^ Beyond that, stepper motors quite a smaller do exist, and while you might say "what good would a stepper do?" a partial answer might be: "well it might depend on how fast you switch between steps."

In any case, I suspect you are pioneering if you can make this one work. But that's the challenge, right?

Found one but it's in Australia and comes flat packed ????

Thats not N Gauge though Smudge, if you look at the sizes in the description - 380x110x260mm (Locomotive), 310x110x160mm (Carriage)

Thats not N Gauge though Smudge, if you look at the sizes in the description - 380x110x260mm (Locomotive), 310x110x160mm (Carriage)

1685225066531.png

I went with the item description, which say's N gauge.

I went with the item description, which say's N gauge
Its very easy to get caught out on eBay if an item has been listed wrongly, I once bought an N Gauge Atlas loco that was listed as HO, my own fault for not reading the description and looking at the photos correctly - however I sold it on in the right category for quite a bit more that I paid for it!!!

Its very easy to get caught out on eBay if an item has been listed wrongly, I once bought an N Gauge Atlas loco that was listed as HO, my own fault for not reading the description and looking at the photos correctly - however I sold it on in the right category for quite a bit more that I paid for it!!!
Oh yeah, I agree, had Rails of Sheffield sell me a very nice SD 40, missing a side frame, checked I could get one, yeah, fine, so I bought it, problem was it was an N scale SD40, I double checked the listing, yep, definitely say's HO scale, so sent it straight back and sent them a message, about listing a N scale as HO, but got no response, but I did get a refund.

Last edited:

Back