Dishonest Item Description on Ebay?

I recomment finding a setting most browsers have to dump cookies on exit. They are still annoying but for the most part it is anonymous metadata, it is a bit creepy, but the way retail & interest cookies work is not (usually) as bad as many people think.
But still, it is kinda annoying and "creepy".
The other thing i reccommend is if you use chrome, get a second google account for general browsing and a personal one for everything else. It then will ask you "who is using chrome". You can also have 2 or more accounts open at same time.
This way your browsing/cookie metadata/stored passwords do not cross over as each account has it's own userspace. This means your ads will likely be different (and still SFW 😆), after any generally interested but not -so- interested browsing, political ranting or other online activity can be done in the other account.

Occasionally those offers pay off. Watch something that I am interested in and on occasion, a tempting offer comes through a few hours later. Helps if the item seems to have been on sale a while and the seller is keen to get it shifted and will take a discount but I let them take the lead, I would never make an offer to a seller myself.

Now, as for descriptions, here in the UK we are having a right old time pointing and laughing at the utter gibberish that is the AI generated descriptions (another tool for the lazy to get even lazier) which is straight out of eBay's Department of Stupid Ideas!!!

Occasionally those offers pay off. Watch something that I am interested in and on occasion, a tempting offer comes through a few hours later. Helps if the item seems to have been on sale a while and the seller is keen to get it shifted and will take a discount but I let them take the lead, I would never make an offer to a seller myself.
I've actually got some good deals using the "make an offer", you get three attempts, so I usually offer around 40% less (if it's not been overpriced to start with of course.)

Overall, I have had a wonderful experience with eBay. I found many things I would not have found anywhere else. Not without having to leave the comfort of my favorite chair. Many have been fantastic bargains, a few others, not so much. eBay's buyer protection has always saved the day. One downside is eBay makes spending money too easy!

As always, the old Latin phrase is true "Caveat emptor" - Let the buyer beware.

Speaking of the original topic...
I ordered a Golden Bear branded shirt from a seller on Ebay about three weeks ago. The seller waited until I opened a "did not receive" complaint before shipping, then sent a pair of used shoes instead of the new shirt. I then changed my complaint from "did not receive" to "not as described". The seller tried arguing "no returns", but Ebay provided me a shipping label for the return, and is forcing the seller to accept it.

Speaking of the original topic...
I ordered a Golden Bear branded shirt from a seller on Ebay about three weeks ago. The seller waited until I opened a "did not receive" complaint before shipping, then sent a pair of used shoes instead of the new shirt. I then changed my complaint from "did not receive" to "not as described". The seller tried arguing "no returns", but Ebay provided me a shipping label for the return, and is forcing the seller to accept it.

It might be a good idea to post that seller's ebay name and info on this forum so the rest of us know to avoid doing business with them... That's some very shady stuff right there.

Back