Digitrax decoder DH121 will it work in dc mode?

dekker

I posted last week about an engine I had coming in the mail. I got it today and it is an Athearn engine with a Digitrax decoder model DH 121. I do not have a dcc controller yet. Can I run this engine with this decoder using a standard DC controller without "smoking" the decoder or will I ruin the decoder? Thanks

As long as the DC function is enabled in the decoder, it will run. If it wont, most likely the function was turned off, and you may have to "borrow" a short period of time on someone's DCC program track to turn the cv on.

Now DCC engines running on dc can do some strang things. You have to come to a full stop in order to change direction. Just flipping the direction switch while running slowly usually wont cause the engine to reverse,it will just keep going..:eek: Be careful of this! Otherwise I see no problems with it.
When you get DCC, reset all your engines with the DC turned off. Sometimes for no apparent reason some engines with DCC get a bad signal and start running on DC if it is activated.......the best prevention is to just disable the DC function.

dc control

Thanks for the reply, I went to the Digi. web site and from what I understood just like you said if it was enabled it would run. I took a chance not knowing really anything about dcc decoders. I put it on the tracks and it took off like a champ. Stops,starts and changes directions smoothly. I am very pleased with this engine. Thanks

Back