D&RGW 63119 meets dirt

AirbrushNo5

Started this car Friday AM… probably 4 hours put into it…finished Saturday night
Tamiya thinned white fade coat…not too heavy
Hairspray airbrushed on the roof…Tamiya Hull Red / Orange + Hull Red / Yellow airbrushed over the hairspray then beaten up with a wet stiff bristle brush
W+N oils thinned with Turpenoid on roof and sides / Raw Umber - Burnt Umber - Van Dyck Brown
Vallejo German Dark Brown for chipped paint and rust spots
Tamiya Dark Brown Panel Liner thinned with MIG Odourless Paint Thinner on the roof and sides
Tamiya Grime mix on roof - sills - trucks -wheels
Sealed with Rustoleum Clear Flat and Tamiya XF-86 at various points

713E8439-BFD2-4431-9EEB-EDD20A265254.jpeg

Brilliant, as is pretty much everything else that comes off your bench. I particularly love the roof with this one too.

As has happened before, you have me scrambling to find my copy of Jim Eager's book...which I cannot, unfortunately put my hands on right now.

BTW, and I know I've asked you before, and you have responded before too: What make and model is this fifth airbrush of yours? [Not joking as I was originally about your moniker "Airbrush/'Channel Number Five' "]

I have a Badger Compressor, many years old now, but still functional I'm sure, and despite thirty years of disuse...and another my brother bequeathed to me when he passed. Can't conjure up the name/brand of that one, but I have the idea it's a step or two better than my old Badger.

I'm sure, if you tell me, I will forget it...again...and will, sometime further down the road, ask you yet again...but for now, humor me. Let's pretend I have a memory that isn't a pass-through sponge.

Thx.

Last edited:
Roger that, and no reason to do so.

It's been so many years since I used an airbrush that I need to go back to first grade. I do recall there was a "how to use an airbrush" book twenty or more years back (I'm nearly certain I have it...but can I find it? :D)

I recall it did promote the use of a water trap (I had not used one before) and an inline air pressure gauge. Does your rig use the former? The water trap?

Back