CMX track cleaning car

MikeGTW

Signalman, ESQ
So was looking to get one of these and most places $159 (and free shipping from Tony's) for HO scale except fro MB Klein they list it for $184.99
So I called MB just to see if that price was correct guy that answered seemed to be to busy to help Just that's the price anything else then I got dial tone
I've bought a lot from them over the years and the customer service has gone down a lot
I had three buildings in my cart at the time deleted will look elsewhere
sorry for the rant Mike

I think things are tough in the hobby. Low stock, all the demand happened before July of last year, and getting new product is very tough right now. The CMX cars were produced and delivered in a large batch near Christmas, maybe more like January, and I'm sure most of them went to fill back-orders. I was one. People have lost their jobs. Those left behind probably aren't feeling very civil or charitable these days.

I, too, have had excellent service from Klein's over the years, but I haven't placed an order in maybe two years.

Seeing a lot of low stock maybe they will catch up someday
I ordered one from Tony's got the free shipping Tony's says on their site they are the manufactuer and that it's made in USA

I have not been impressed with MB Klein over the past few years. Low inventory (before covid) and don't put things on your site that you don't have. It gets old clicking on product to find out it's out of stock.

I dunno, but my quick search from online hobby retailers I'm familiar with tends to show most selling that product for more than $185. Most have it for over $200, ranging from $203.49 to to $223.99.

My rough guess is that MSRP recently went up on it, to about $209, and some places are still selling it at the old price. It probably won't be around much longer at $159 anywhere.

Oh wait, I just noticed-- Tony's Train Exchange actually makes the CMX track cleaning cars. That would help explain why they have the best price and would ship them free, there's no middleman when you buy it from them.

I own a CMX O Gauge track cleaning car and it is the BEST! Bought directly from Tony's Train Exchange and got the free shipping. Absolutely the best car out there for cleaning track.
I also stopped at MB Kleins once and was shoccked that they only do ON LINE sales now. Very disheartening.

Back