Class 37 DCC fitting question

Brooklyn

I have a Graham Farish DCC ready Class 37 that I’m wanting to upgrade to DCC. I really want to put a sound chip in it but am not looking forward to dismantling it to do so. I know the standard is the Zimo MX660, but I’m wondering if the new Zimo MS491L would fit. It has the Nem 651 6 pin arrangement but is a bit long. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

The Zimo MS491L is a six pin sound decoder that plugs into the existing board. It has wires for the speaker, but is powered by the nem connector.

Id love to go to yoochooz but I live in America so its a bit much to ship.
It's a guide on how to fit one yourself, why would you want to ship it there ?

And apologies, I misread your post I thought the 660 was the decoder you wanted to install not the MS491L
Doesn't Zimo have the dimensions of the decoder on their website ?

I’m sure Zimo decoders are great, but everything on their website is in German.( which is fine as they’re in Vienna) It just makes it hard to find anything. The idea of installing a plug in sound decoder is very tempting, but is difficult looking at the chassis. I’m pretty certain the end of the chip is going to end up invading the crew cab.

I found what I needed. There was a pdf file in English I had not seen. It will fit, but with some modification of the cab. I think it’s worth it.

I’m sure Zimo decoders are great, but everything on their website is in German.( which is fine as they’re in Vienna) It just makes it hard to find anything. The idea of installing a plug in sound decoder is very tempting, but is difficult looking at the chassis. I’m pretty certain the end of the chip is going to end up invading the crew cab.
Most browsers will automatically translate other language's.

Back