Checking In...

CharlesH.

Hello fellas! I've been lurking about your fine establishment and I thought I'd join in.
I'm currently in the process of revamping my second layout- the mighty* Great Western Lines, or, a semi-proto-free-lanced class 1 railroad heavily influenced by the SP based in a passable 1941 northern California setting (HO scale, by the way). Since I have no hobby shop nearby (closest one is a 4 hour drive away, and it's mostly N scale), and I model the pre-WWII era, I often end up scratchbuilding or at least "retrofitting" my stuff, so I have quite a bit of fun.

Well, that's it for my introduction... now for a post or two. I'll be seein ya.

(*Only in pictures, as it's a tightly populated 4x7)

Charles, That picture of the Sat.Evening Post in your Avatar looks like an old Argus C3 camera. I used that camera for years before color film & the C4 when color film started.

Hi,Charles, wecome aboard. Your photos are very creative. I love the one with the cutout car. :) Looks like you've already got a lot of model railroading experience under your belt. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas.
Larry- Yes, that is an Argus C3. The picture is actually a self portrait I made into a Saturday Evening Post cover. I use that camera all the time.

Back