Benchwork Goes up tomorrow

So how about some clues, like scale, room size, number of levels, color of the carpet. . . :)

Joe

Or maybe just start a thread on how mad your wife/girlfriend/significant other is.

I think most of us have understanding women around or our computers would be smashed to oblivion that we are even posting about such things. LOL

:p

Well, to give some tips on what what U could do on construction,

Unless you are building it on a fixed position, I suggest U build a frame and make it mobile, U could move it around ( if U have enough space ) and work from every side of it, without stretching too much around, and could always move it around if U need soem structural repairs of the building. I built a metal framework for my 9 x 4.5' layout, and I don't regret it, cause I had to move it around the garage several times for maintenance purposes. I used 4 heavy duty nylon wheels on sleeves, and it really runs smooth.

Build your framework that after U set all your wirings, you can utilize the underbench as storage, U could fit some heavy duty rails and buy a set of file drawers, to fit in there and store all the boxes U have.

If your plans are for an 8 x 4 it won't hurt planning on a 8.5 x 4.5 board U could find that extra space helpful in future scenery building :)

I will post more tips when they come to my mind :p

Maybe they are not the best tips in the world, but I shared what I have :)

Back