Atlas - TT-9 Eagle Rock layout (wiring problems)

wayles3

Hello and Merry Christmas to all !
I have built the Atlas - HO TT-9 Eagle Rock layout. I am having problems wiring in all the switch machines. There are 10 switch machines for this layout. The first one shows the COMMON connection, the rest of them (the other 9 switch machines) are connected to each other. Where does the center connection on these connect to?
Please draw me a diagram on the top side and bottom side where this COMMON wire goes. Do all of these COMMOM wires get tied together and connected to the COMMON feed off the power packs or not?

The way it's supposed to work is, wire the Atlas turnout controller to the two AC terminals of your power pack. Then wire the three turnout wires to the three terminals on the controller. Common wire goes on the center terminal, you can wire the other two in either direction, or both, if you wire two turnouts to one controller (such as a crossover switch). There should be no common feed on the power pack, and the turnouts should not be connected directly to the power pack.

After looking on line, I found that all the COMMON wires (the center post) get connected all together. These switches are AC only, not DC.

Back