Anybody else have problems with Digitrax DCC?

Ash Pit

I am loosing my patience with Digitrax's Customer service! I had a couple of small problems with my year old Zephyr Express unit. Has anyone else had trouble with contacting Digitrax or their custmoer service dept.? I find their Help Desk to be very confusing and does not work the way they think it is supposed to! I have been a loyal customer of theirs for more than 20 years and have owned every one of the Zephyrs DCS 50, 51 and now 52 units. However, I am beginning to wonder why? I realize they had some trouble with the hurricane that hit Panama City a couple years ago; but, since then service has never recovered

Ash Pit: I also have been a long term user of Digitrax and early in the game it required a learning curve, but no longer. I've never had any problem with Digitrax's Customer Service and in fact just a week ago placed a Service Ticket with Digitrax and and received an answer within an hour. I've also received call backs foe their staff via telephone.

I also joined the Digitrax Users Group and found answers to my questions on that Forum.

Don't lose any faith in Digitrax.

Have you tried phoning them?

I only have experience with the DB150 in the Super Empire Builder which I have had, trouble-free, for 15 years. I just take it off each layout I'm about to dismantle and set it up on the new one. It is controlling its fourth layout at this point and doesn't give me a lick of trouble or even pause. If you're familiar with the system, and if your problem can be rectified easily, why think about another system? They all have their detractors.

Selector, sorry, no I haven't called Digitrax and don't feel I should have to. They have a help desk which I should think would be the proper place to contact Digitrax. My biggest problem isn't the quality of there products, which I agree with Greg, are as good as you can get. No, the problem is how they treat their customers who have sent an item in for repair; or, adjustment. Case in point: I sent my DCS-52 to Digitrax for them to fix, with a list of the specifics of the problems I knew of. Instead of looking over what I had described in my list, included with the DCS-52, because I did not complete the "Correct Form" and return this with my shipment, which cost me more than $15.00 to ship, they returned the item to me, spending $15.00 of there money to ship. They knew who I was and certainly could have looked up any "Tickets" I might have going on with them saving themselves $15.00 in shipping fees! Nope, because I hadn't followed their specific instructions on how to return an item, they wasted both my and their money in shipping fees.

I have been in business for myself for more than 30 years. I would never have treated a customer this way! I would love to talk to one of the owners of Digitrax about this SNAFU! Now, it is 60 plus days since I resent my DCS-52 back to them and I can't get an answer as to where my unit is and when I can expect to have it's returned! All that they will say is "Boiler Plate Statements" is that return will take from 60-90 days! Sorry, in my opinion this is simply unacceptable!

Back