Annie length

Need a little assist. Does anyone know the length or can measure the Annie from the center of the pilot wheels to the last tender wheel? I'm in the early stages of designing a turntable and all my Annies are in storage. TIA.

Need a little assist. Does anyone know the length or can measure the Annie from the center of the pilot wheels to the last tender wheel? I'm in the early stages of designing a turntable and all my Annies are in storage. TIA.
Hmmm, mine too, and storage is 2 hours away. How exact does the measure need to be? Could we extrapolate from a photo by counting ties?

Looks like 22.5 LGB ties worth from center of pilot to last wheel of rear tender, or slightly longer than 24 ties from front pilot wheel to last tender wheel. Why would a turntable be shorter than total longest wheel base? Hanging the front wheels off?
IMG_6763.JPG

Hmmm, mine too, and storage is 2 hours away. How exact does the measure need to be? Could we extrapolate from a photo by counting ties?

Looks like 22.5 LGB ties worth from center of pilot to last wheel of rear tender, or slightly longer than 24 ties from front pilot wheel to last tender wheel. Why would a turntable be shorter than total longest wheel base? Hanging the front wheels off?
View attachment 158668
Usually, turntables are a bit longer than the longest engine the R.R. owns, but there are times a new, longer class arrives and might be a bit longer than the turntable. One R.R. had that problem. They made a device that picked the front axle of the lead truck a few inches and suspended it on the trip around the T.T.

Back