American Flyer Enthusiast

I am interested in repairing/restoring American Flyer train gear. I am basically beginning from scratch. Not many tools, but I'm looking for a challenge and I think this could be it. I've done HO gauge stuff, but I find the parts are just too small, so I'm looking to move up a size. I plan on using the internet as my reference source, but if anyone can make any recommendations about sites to check out I would really appreciate it. I have a contact who has an electronics background, so if I get stuck I can always run up the white flag, but this is something that I would really like to learn something from.

Thanks.

Do you have a shopping guide in your area w/free classifieds? It seems there's a lot of surpus "S" scale floating around that you could find pretty cheap.

Flyer

Hey Larry,

I appreciate hearing from you. Unfortunately, I'm in a somewhat isolated part of Canada (Nova Scotia) with not much of a population around. I watch E-Bay closely. Hopefully, someday I'll be able to spend more time in Florida and do some shopping down there.

Cheers,

Bill

Back