A quick tour of my Milw layout

The thumbnails look great but I can't see the full size pictures since I'm not a memeber of trainorders. You can either use a web host like PhotoBucket or upload them directly from you hard drive as expandable thumbnails using the the "Go Advanced" option here.

great photos Greg,I love the way your layout is coming along.Are you going to have any MP15AC's on the layout?I am considering having some on my future layout using the Atlas MP15DC as a starting point to building some.

Hey Greg you the same one that had the pics in N scale magazine??? great pics to :cool:

I had an article in N Scale Railroading but not in N Scale Magazine.

UP2CSX-The thumbnails look great but I can't see the full size pictures since I'm not a memeber of trainorders.

You should be able see the full size just fine. These images are hosted at Trainboard not trainorders.

Milwsteve-Are you going to have any MP15AC's on the layout?

I'm not planning any MP15AC's. Layout will consist of helper territory along the mainline from Beverly to Renslow.

Stlgevo51-Are the photos taken outdoors?

Top two photos were taken inside and the others outside.

Thank you for all the comments!

Greg, sorry, trainboard, not trainorders, but I still get a login page that won't let me view the pictures full size unless those small pictures under the login screen are the full-size picture.

nice photos...
my favourite is the last one one the scroll bar...
off to 30 miles of nowhere

Very nice looking layout! I would like to know your technique and products used for the bare grassland if you don't mind sharing. That looks alot like the scenery I will be modeling on mine and you captured it perfectly.

Very nice looking layout! I would like to know your technique and products used for the bare grassland if you don't mind sharing. That looks alot like the scenery I will be modeling on mine and you captured it perfectly.

To begin, I used actual dirt I dug up near the former milw ROW in the Saddle Mountains. This involved lots of sifting for n scale. I then used Woodland Scenic’s grass sporadically. The key I think was buying the puffer. It is made by Noch. You can buy it from Scenic Express. The puffer basically puffs the grass out to where it lands for the most part standing. I used a product made by Timberline Scenery Co. LLC to replicate sage brush.
Thanks for all the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back