3rd time's a charm...hopefully

csx railfan

Well, I'm in the planning and initial construction phases of my next HO model railroad empire (OK, if a 10x11 spare bedroom can be called an empire...). This will be my 3rd layout. My first was a plywood prairie, but it gave me valuable experience that really helped in developing my 2nd layout. On that one I used L-girder construction for the first time, but due to selling that house, it didn't get further than installing the subroadbed risers. Now that we're in a house to stay (I hope!), I am embarking on my Scottsville and Carlynton Railroad layout, a freelanced ex-coal branch of CSX in eastern Kentucky. I will definitely be posting questions throughout this forum over the next weeks/months/years(?), so get ready...

By the way, I'm originally from Louisville, KY, but have lived just outside Orlando, FL, for the past 25 yrs. Any fellow Central Floridian model railroaders out there, give me a shout.

Scott

Welcome! This forum has a pretty good mix of veterans (^^^^) and noobies (me!), so you're sure to get answers to just about any query you have.

Back