Search results

1. M

A newbie from the UK

Hi Patrick, Yes, the same the world over. I believe it’s all part of their job description...😂 Thanks for the welcome. Cheers Martin
  2. M

A newbie from the UK

Hi Colin, We do a couple of classic car shows around your area, well we used to! We have three classic cars, which keep me very busy during the summer, especially when it gets too hot to go up in the loft and play trains... I wish American 2rail o Gauge was as easy to get hold of as HO, but it...
  3. M

A newbie from the UK

Many thanks for the kind comments and welcome Gary. Cheers Martin
  4. M

A newbie from the UK

Hi Colin, Thanks for the welcome. The Coventry MRC is still going I believe, temporarily closed for the duration of lockdown 😢 I’m a member of COVGOG Coventry Gauge O Guild, but that is also closed. I'm not sure if anyone else models North American, but it’s nice to know someone else locally...
  5. M

DCC fitting query

That’s brilliant, many thanks Cheers Martin
  6. M

A newbie from the UK

Thanks for the kind comments and welcome. I’m in Coventry, but born and bred in Liverpool. I moved down here about 25 years ago. Work started today on the removal of buildings so they can be raised to accommodate the extra length and height of American stock. The cement loading plant has now...
  7. M

A newbie from the UK

Thanks JazzDad. Cheers Martin
  8. M

A newbie from the UK

Thanks Glenn, I’ll do a before, during and after shots of each part to be converted...
  9. M

DCC fitting query

Thanks Greg, but I’m thinking..😊
  10. M

DCC fitting query

Many thanks Greg for the reply. I wasn’t sure if there was a difference is placing the wires to the decoder or not and your answer sort of confirms what I though in the first place...if it’s to NRMA standards, it should all be the same... I know that when I order the decoder I get ask them to...
  11. M

DCC fitting query

As a total newbie to American Rail Roading I’m needing some help in fitting a decoder to an O Gauge Atlas GP15-1 Firstly, I’m from the UK and successfully running a British O gauge DCC sound layout, which will get converted to an American Short Line...it won’t need too much changing. I’m running...
  12. M

A newbie from the UK

Hi Guys, I’ve become hooked on American Railroads...thank you Virtual Railfan! I’m currently running an O gauge DCC British industrial layout, which will change without too much difficulty to an American Shortline as a lot of the buildings wouldn’t look out of place in an American setting. I’ve...

Back