Search results

1. Quietman

Upgrade Pre-war Lionel to DCC

Ok lets correct some statements here. First, the boards that use TMCC are from ERR and use the TMCC command set. 2 rail DCC systems won't work on the 3 rail s far as I know. Since ERR uses TMCCs you DON'T need a Legacy controller (which are going for ridiculous amounts right now as the "Hells...
  2. Quietman

E-unit finger

They are fairly thin, but if they were that thin, it was from wear.
  3. Quietman

Oh the irony

Last year I bought a 1/48 scale kit of a Sinclair fuel truck from the 50's. I was tickled because I got it from Hobby Lobby for 10 bucks on sale. This year, Menards come's out with this diecast model for $5.99. BTW, they have some great pickup and panel truck models for 4.99 along with a 57...
  4. Quietman

My new acquisition - can’t find owners manual

If the locomotive came a part of a set, there may not be a separate manual for it. I ran into that with an 0-8-0 I bought that was from a set. Try finding out if a set was made using that locomotive.
  5. Quietman

Help with Lionel Lionmaster Big Boy

That is a dual motor locomotive and can draw significant power. If the voltage to the motors is too low, it will become erratic. Make sure all the contacts and wheels are clean, and clean the track. If it has Odyssey control, try turning it on and off to see which responds better(depends on how...
  6. Quietman

Third Rail Brushes - Cleaning inside roller?

Hit them with CLR or some other kind of corrosion remover. Then rinse them in alcohol very well, then use the lube Iron Horseman recommended. If they still have too much resistance, you'll need to replace them. Try ttender.com, drtinkertrains.com, or legacystation.com for the parts...
  7. Quietman

Help with Lionel O Guage Pennsylvania Flyer

Nope. That's a LionChief remote on the table. It goes in whichever direction you turn the knob or select in the app. I've had the only LionChief loco I have lose communication while running and come to a stop. It picked back up after I killed the power to the loco and then restarted everything...

Back