Search results

1. M

Leaving the paper templates on the layout

Thanks Frank. When I printed out the life-size track plan(AnyRail) and laid it out on the layout I was thinking why not just glue it down and work off of that to lay out the track. I did not understand why folks were carving through the template to leave marks on the subroadbed when you could...
  2. M

Also, I really like AnyRail. The amount of time this is saving and the degree of accuracy that you can get on the completed design is fantastic. It really makes me appreciate what the "old timers" had to do and how talented they were.
  3. M

Hi Willie - yeah, that is the direction I think I'm moving in. Its really a template for the roadbed and not the track, The track should go together if I do this properly. This particular portion is a yard and not a main line. I was originally planning to lay directly on the foam and would nor...
  4. M

Thank you for your help. Regards....
  5. M

Track Laying Tool?

thanks for your comment...why not just leave the paper and install track directly on top? Glue paper down first of course
  6. M

Thanks, Please let me know how it goes. I'll look at the link you sent
  7. M

I have created a full scale track diagram and printed it out using AnyRail. I have noticed that some people try to scribe through the paper and leave marks on the subroadbed(foam) for track placement. They lift the paper off and proceed to lay track on the scribed marks. Is there an issue with...
  8. M

Metal Wheels

Willie - Thank you for your detailed reply. I have purchased the truck turner and I'm playing around with that. Kind Regards...
  9. M

Metal Wheels

Thanks Jerry.
  10. M

Metal Wheels

Thanks Greg - why were they ribbed in the first place?
  11. M

Metal Wheels

Thanks James.
  12. M

Metal Wheels

Thanks Greg. 50s is the era
  13. M

Metal Wheels

Please be a nit picker and thank you. The 50s is what i was shooting for.
  14. M

Metal Wheels

Greetings - I purchased a set of metal wheels from Kadee(33 inch/Ribbed). I installed on one of my freight cars and noticed that the car did not move freely. Upon close inspection I saw a definite difference in size on the small pin that connects the wheel to the truck. The metal wheels had a...

Back